The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- “涨租”“破产”迭起 长租公寓不能过度金融化
- Fixed Income Securities
- 楼市“非传统旺季”成交火热 多地房价止跌回升
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 节能环保趋势下 双国标促卫浴业良性竞争 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 装修时代到来 地板企业需顺应时代潮流抢先机 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 五年内我国水性涂料预计占比将可达20%: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 节后广州楼市迅速回温 成交回复节前正常水平 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Here’s the full list:
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 国内智能坐便器市场普及率仅1% 市场仍需培育
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 总投资337亿元 52个“京”字项目落地北三县
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- "If all these train tickets were lined up, they would circle the earth 7 times," said Zhu Jiansheng, deputy director of the Institute of Computing Technologies with the Chinese Academy of Railway Sciences, where the ticketing system was developed.
- 居然之家携手聚信 重庆家居市场格局巨变
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)